Chinmaya Institute of Nursing
The Chinmaya Institute of Nursing (CHIN) is a sister institution of the Chinmaya Mission Hospital (CMH), under the Karnataka Chinmaya Seva Trust. It was started in 1985 under the inspiration and guidance of Dr. Susheela Purushothaman. The three-year Diploma Course in Nursing and Midwifery recognised by the Indian Nursing Council and Karnataka Nursing Council commenced in 1986. The intake is 30 students per year. They receive clinical training at the Chinmaya Mission Hospital. ‘Service to Society is Service to God’ is the driving principle for this Institute. The students are trained to serve with devotion, gain confidence and attain a keen sense of responsibility to patients. Classes in Indian philosophy, culture and ethical principles are also held. With approvals from the Government of Karnataka, affiliation from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and recognition from the Indian as well as the Karnataka Nursing Councils, the Institute has now been upgraded to a College. A four-year Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) Degree course in the Nursing College, with an approved intake of 40, started in 2009. Dr. (Mrs.) Sumithra is currently the Principal of the Chinmaya Nursing College and Institute.
The objective of the Course is to prepare the students to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, and function in hospitals and community areas. It also aims to make students understand basic scientific principles and technological advances, learn communication skills and pleasant bedside manners – all required for quality patient care.
• Providing health care to sick and needy using nursing processes.
• Applying knowledge from the physical, biological and behavioural sciences and providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
• Functioning effectively with members of the health team and community.
• Participating as member of health team in delivery of curative, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
• Demonstrating the use of ethical values.
• Conducting continuing education programmes for professional development.
• Demonstrating basic skills in administration and leadership.
• Assisting in research activities.
• Demonstrating critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations.
• Utilizing the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
• Participating in National Health Programmes.
• Conducting weekly clinic at Hoodi, a locality near Bengaluru.
• Conducting and participating in various Health camps and awareness programmes.
• Planning and conducting Students Nurses Association Programmes.
• Participating in University level Inter-collegiate meets.
• Celebrating important Festivals.
Well equipped class rooms and digital library with National, International and E-Journals
• Highly qualified and dedicated faculties
• Scholarships for students
• High tech Nursing Laboratories
• Clinical training in the same campus
• Conference Hall
• Canteen Facilities
• Separate Hostel for Nursing students
• Free annual medical checkup and treatment at CMH
• Visits to various Organisations, Professional Bodies and Industries
• Free counseling by experts
• Own community centre
• 100% job placement at CMH
Chinmaya Institute of Nursing
Chinmaya Mission Hospital Campus
Chinmaya Mission Hospital Road
Indiranagar, Bengaluru- 560 038
Phone: +91 – 80 – 25281741/25200127
Fax: +91 – 80 – 25281756/25201900